Skip to main content

White Spinach pizza with Garlic Recipes

As usual a little introduction about the food that I am going to cook.
Hmmm... What exactly is a white pizza? 
Is it a must to have white sauce (roux made from butter and flour) as the toppings? 
Even I myself wasn't sure about the real definition of it either..
So I did some extensive research on the variations.
And I found out that the only difference between a red and a white pizza is white doesn't use tomato sauce.
A white pizza can be made simply from only just cheese and herbs. 

Anyway without further ado
Lets start me cooking show! Popeye is hungry!

Healthy White Spinach Pizza 45 min
Since I love spinach alot, I 'll show you how to make my healthy pizza with spinach and garlic. Say no more to pizza delivery.
For this recipe I'll start straight from the toppings, if you are interested to make your own pizza base please refer to my previous post on homemade pizza dough/base


Ingredients:
Spinach and Sliced Garlic
Spinach and Sliced Garlic 

1 medium-sized pizza base
3 cloves of  sliced garlic
1 large bowl of fresh spinach (washed and spin-dry it if possible)
Shredded cheese - I using a combination of 3 cheeses
Mozzarella, Cheddar and Parmesan
3/4 tsp of Butter/Margarine

Note: No additional salt in my recipe. Both butter/margarine and cheese contain salt. They are flavourful enough to satisfy my taste buds.


Methods:
  1. Go Preheat your oven! haha.
  2. Heat up your pot melt in your butter/magarine
  3. Lightly saute your sliced garlic 
  4. THROW IN! Popeye's favourite vegetable and toss it lightly
  5. Cover the pot let it cook for about a minute 
  6. Uncover the pot continue to toss until all the spinach wilts
    spinach wilts
  7. Leave the vege inside the pot to cool 
  8. Transfer the spinach onto your chopping board and lightly chop it (do not pat dry the spinach)
    lightly chopped spinach
  9. Spread the spinach on your pizza base followed by the cheese (cheese will prevent the spinach from drying after baking)
    Spinach Pizza Waiting to be baked
  10. Bake for about 20-30 minutes at 218°C
    Pizza in Oven
  11. Remember to switch sides in-between for a nice even bake.  
See looks great doesnt it?!
Slice of White Spinach Pizza
Slice of White Spinach Pizza 
Additional info.. Do you really need a pizza stone to make a great pizza?
The answer is no. I just lay a sheet of aluminium foil on top of my baking rack with my pizza on it.


Popular posts from this blog

What is SEO? The really basic definition

I've been talking about SEO on my blog for quite a long time but some are still unsure of what SEO exactly is about.. So for the benefits of those beginners who wants to know more about web page ranking or want to gain more traffics to your blog/site. This is something that you will want to know. The word "SEO" is an acronym that stands for Search Engine Optimization .   First let's breakup the words into two segments and understand what each of them means.

Soup Restaurant (三盅两 件) at IMM

Heh.. I should have done this review earlier.. anyway... If you are a herbal soup enthusiast. If you are looking for a dining place where your old folks can enjoy. then this might be it~ Soup Restaurant is a Cantonese themed eatery that offers Heritage Cuisine that were served in the Chinatown night bazaar in the 1960s~ Soup Restaurant's cantonese name sam zhong leung khin (三盅 两  件 - three bowls two dishes), is a derivation of a popular Cantonese expression  yat zhong leung khin  (一盅 两  件 - one bowl two dishes) which signifies a relaxed lifestyle of consuming teas and dim sum dishes at tea houses in the early morning. 

What is This Green green Profile Picture About

Some of you may be wondering why your friends' profile pictures are becoming green on social network platform ..facebook, twitter or may be some others.. This is not some technical glitch.. This is an ongoing protest to show support for the special effect VFX industry.