Skip to main content

How to Add Star Rating Review Markup For Blogger

Review Markup Rating 5 3.7 2.5
Twinkle Twinkle Little Rating Stars
I was surfing just a while ago, not in the sea but on the internet.
And I noticed that some review sites have these little stars showing on the search results.

So I was wondering, is it possible for me as a blogger to have my own rating stars as well since I am also doing abit of food service reviews.

And yes it is possible! So those of you bloggers out there who are doing product or any other kind of reviews You are in Luck!



How to have Review Markup For Blogger: Rating Stars

Is actually quite easy, below is the code

<div class="hreview">
 <span class="item">
 <span class="fn">The thing that you are reviewing</span><br/>
 </span> Reviewed by <span class="reviewer">Your Name</span> on
<span class="dtreviewed"> Jun 10 2012<span title="2012-10-06" class="value-title"> </span><br/> </span> Rating: <span class="rating">3.7</span>
</div>


After you finish writing your review post switch to HTML tab. (Beside the Compose tab)
Just copy and paste this Code at the end of it. And remember to Change those highlighted words!

Note: For rating you can even have weird fractions like 4.7.

After that You can preview the snippet by using Google Rich Snippets Data Testing Tool .
Input your Url for the post and press preview you'll see stars! wow. lolz...

A Preview of my post using the Snippet tool


Now all you have to do is wait, for those little Insect Spiders Google reared to crawl over to your page..  I am waiting too..

Update: Yes the spiders have successfully crawled my page.

Comments

  1. JustaboredSingaporeanDecember 29, 2012 at 10:31 AM

    Wow.. I was searching for Shabu Shabu in Punggol Marina & it leads me to your page here. Nice on the Stars. That's a 5 Stars for you. Congrats Mr Durian !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see the stars and its great but my pictured decreased and it is very tiny exactly like it is in your example. is there any way to enlarge it ?

    This is my post with the stars -
    http://www.coolreviewsrule.com/2013/08/Falling-Skies-season-3-Review.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you mean the authorship markup? Hmm no. Is not something we can change Is on Google side. If you like to get your large authorship I am afraid the only way is to remove the stars.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was afraid of that.
    OK thanks for the quick response.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my post =)
Leave a comment or like our facebook!
Do come back again as I will make every effort in replying your message as soon as possible!

Popular posts from this blog

What is SEO? The really basic definition

I've been talking about SEO on my blog for quite a long time but some are still unsure of what SEO exactly is about.. So for the benefits of those beginners who wants to know more about web page ranking or want to gain more traffics to your blog/site. This is something that you will want to know. The word "SEO" is an acronym that stands for Search Engine Optimization .   First let's breakup the words into two segments and understand what each of them means.

Soup Restaurant (三盅两 件) at IMM

Heh.. I should have done this review earlier.. anyway... If you are a herbal soup enthusiast. If you are looking for a dining place where your old folks can enjoy. then this might be it~ Soup Restaurant is a Cantonese themed eatery that offers Heritage Cuisine that were served in the Chinatown night bazaar in the 1960s~ Soup Restaurant's cantonese name sam zhong leung khin (三盅 两  件 - three bowls two dishes), is a derivation of a popular Cantonese expression  yat zhong leung khin  (一盅 两  件 - one bowl two dishes) which signifies a relaxed lifestyle of consuming teas and dim sum dishes at tea houses in the early morning. 

What is This Green green Profile Picture About

Some of you may be wondering why your friends' profile pictures are becoming green on social network platform ..facebook, twitter or may be some others.. This is not some technical glitch.. This is an ongoing protest to show support for the special effect VFX industry.